iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services for local communities and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
iHeartMedia, Inc. consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned iHeartMedia. Between these divisions, we focus on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment content and events for listeners and users.
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 859 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) speaking individual to offer assets of 5 station cluster to area businesses, with focus on Hispanic station (KWSL). This position will sell all assets however, not just the Hispanic station.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling iHeartMedia assets as marketing solutions for radio. They will acquire, retain and deepen customer relationships. Account Executives proactively meet face-to-face and over the phone with customers to promote and sell advertising air time to generate revenue. The Account Executive creates revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients' needs and the local marketplace. Depending on the market, this position reports to the Local Sales Manager or General Sales Manager.
- Generate revenue and meet / exceed established sales targets.
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Market, sell, and service advertising air time.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising, and public relations communities.
- Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming, and other off-air projects.
- Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
- Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments, and follow-up.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies, assist in account collections.
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and at least one year experience in a successful sales role is preferred (radio experience a plus).
- Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking, and meeting functions.
- Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Ability to design, delivers, and successfully executes targeted marketing plans and presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver's license and state mandated automobile insurance.
- Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors preferred.
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
IOWA CITY, Iowa, United States
|Submit your resume via Email